Interviewing New Candidates for Your Team
To be able to select candidates to join your team, in a measurable and objective way.
- Prepare some technical stuff based on job requirement to test the candidates.
- Provide measurement parameter.
- Provide general to specific information on your business activity to the candidates.
- Create Scores.
- Provide feedback to the candidates.
- After Interview : Provide recommendations to managements.
- Prepare some technical stuff based on requirement to test the candidates, with the following level:
- Basic Technical
- Advance Technical
- General Knowledges on your business
- Dig specific and detail question
- Test experiences, by using case study and see how he/she abstracts his previous experiences in new situation
- General knowledge on your specific business
- Specific candidate knowledge
- Test knowledge level using case study
- Logic and analytical skill
- Response to unexpected situation
- Team work and initiative
- Presentation Skill
- Check and measure candidate’s interest/enthusiasm to your business activity
- identify strength and weakness and transform it to score. For example as follow:
- Excellent = 4
- Good = 3
- Standard = 2
- not Enough = 1
- Together with the candidate, review his strength and weakness
- Match the requirements with candidates score result
- Turn the score into recommendation
After reviewing candidates, there will be some consideration and plus minus for each candidates, consider whether we could tolerate the minus, and anticipate possibility that your best candidates might not be able to fit in the team because of external factor, for example like conflicting joining date with project schedule or failure of salary negotiation with upper management (your boss).
It will be necessary to rank the candidates based on scores, and invites the best 3 candidates for next interview with upper management level.